How to update my company's profile?
Updating my company's profile
Your provider profile is one of the most important pages on Datacenters.com for your company. This page provides the visitor with an insight into the who, what, where and why? There’s a correlation between the quality and completeness of the profile page and the number of views and conversions you receive. Profiles that have limited information generally perform poorly.
How To Update Your Profile:
- Sign-in to your account.
- Hover over My Dashboard and select Profiles & Listings
- Click on your Company's Name or click Edit
- In order for your company to be visible to users you must click Activate. If you are not ready to display your company, you can skip this step and Activate it later. Add details and more information about your Company in each of the following tabs:
Name & Logo tab
- Make sure that your company name is exactly how you want it or how the majority of people search for your company. We recommend leaving out references to what you offer. For example, ABC Company vs. ABC Company Data Centers. Unless your company name includes “Data Centers,” it’s best to leave this out.
- Make sure to complete other important data in this tab including your static URL (company website address), year founded, and logo. Make sure to follow the instructions for uploading your company logo. It’s also a good idea to name the logo file with your company name. For example, logo1.png vs ABC-company.png. Dashes can be used to replace spaces.
Company Stats tab.
- This page provides more detail about your company. This gives visitors of Datacenters.com more information about your company including your headquarters address, the number of employees, whether your company is publicly or privately owned, and a phone number.
- The Phone Number field is Required
- This section is critical. This is your chance to sell your company to visitors on Datacenters.com. The "About Us" section can be a single paragraph or multiple paragraphs. We recommend including information about your company, product and service offerings, facility footprint, unique selling proposition, and value proposition. Tell our visitors why they should select your company.
- In addition to text, you can also include video. Simply get the embed code from sites like YouTube or Vimeo and copy the code into the content area.
- The ' + ' sign gives you the ability to insert Quick links: images, video, document, etc.
- Add up to 4 features. In this section, you would include any features that your company might offer that others do not.
- The services section of your company profile is used to filter results. Make sure that all of the solutions you offer are represented here. Otherwise, you will not show up in the search results when visitors filter their search results. Make sure to accurately check the services that apply to your offering. Check all that apply to any of your locations.
- The assets section of your company profile is used to add images and videos to your profile. Adding these to your profile will give the consumer more information on your product offerings and about your company. You can add up to 6 of each to your profile.
- This section allows you add people from your organization to the platform. You can assign team members one of the following roles: Owner, Manager, or Member. An Owner has full access to manage your organizations profile, including the ability to see all projects that you've been invited to and make back end changes to the profile. A Manager can view all projects your organization has been invited to but is unable to make back end edits to the profile. A Member will only have visibility on individual projects they've been added to and they are unable to make edits to the backend.
- To invite individuals from your organization, Click on "Send Invitation". You can send to someone who has already signed up or send them the invitation to create a login. To access your invitations go to My Dashboard and click on the invitations tab. There you can see any invitations that need to be accepted or denied. On the company admin page you will see if an invitation is still pending acceptance.
IMPORTANT! When you are finished with populating all the tabs, click Save Draft and Request Approval. Your company is NOT visible to users yet. It will be set live after it's approved by our team. The approval process will take about 24 - 48 business hours.
- In the meantime, you can click View Live Provider Page to see the live version of the page.